The vacuum cleaners made in Germany last for years and provide high-quality performance. The only catch is finding German vacuum cleaner brands is hard.
So, to save you hours of research, we curated a list of the top 8 German vacuum cleaner brands in 2023.
Continue reading to get exclusive insights!
🤔What Are the German Vacuum Cleaner Brands?
|Brand Name||Located In||Founding year||Manufacturing Locations||Product Line|
|Miele||Gütersloh, Germany||1899||Bielefeld, Germany, and Dongguan, China||Handheld stick vacuums, Bagged cylinders, Bagless cylinder|
|Sebo||Velbert, Germany||1978||Germany||Upright vacuum and cylinder vacuum cleaner|
|Siemens||Munich||1847||Freeburg and New Athens||Bagged vacuum cleaner|
|Bosch||Gerlingen, Germany||1886||Germany and China||Bagless Cylinder, Bagged Cylinder, Cordless vacuum cleaner|
|Vorwerk||Wuppertal, Germany||1883||Shanghai, China; France; and Wuppertal, Germany||Upright vacuum, Robot, and Cordless vacuum cleaner|
|Thomas||Neunkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen||1948||Neunkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen||Aqua, Bagless, Steam, Wet & dry, Vacuum carpet cleaners, Upright vacuum cleaners|
|Kärcher||Winnenden, Germany||1935||Germany||Cylinder, Handheld, Wet, and Dry Vacuum Cleaner|
(acquired by Electrolux)
|Berlin, Germany||1883||West Germany||Bagless Cylinders, Bagged Cylinders, and Cordless Vacuum Cleaners|
Also Read: Tineco Vacuum Comparison
👉🏻 Miele Vacuum Cleaner
With a history spanning over 100 years, Miele is well-known worldwide for making household appliances.
This German brand is an independent, family-owned company founded by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann. Miele’s first machines had the words ‘immer besser,’ meaning ‘forever better,’ printed on them.
- With high-quality performance, Miele vacuum cleaners come with the promise of longevity.
- They have a sturdy design, are lightweight, and are one of the quietest vacuums.
- Miele’s vacuums have high suction power, which is helpful for deep cleaning.
- Miele vacuum cleaners have self-closing bags and rubber gaskets, which enhance dust filtration.
- Miele’s lower-priced vacuum models are manufactured in China. These include C1 Complete, C2 Complete, C3 Complete, and Swing H.
👉🏻 Sebo Vacuum Cleaner
Sebo was founded in 1978 by two engineers from Germany, Klaus Stein and Heinz Kaulig, to design and manufacture commercial upright vacuum cleaners.
Sebo vacuum cleaners are used for residential and commercial purposes in the form of canisters and upright vacuums, specifically for housekeeping.
- Sebo vacuum cleaners come with an anti-allergy design.
- Sebo offers a 5-year warranty on its highest quality, tested vacuums.
- Sebo vacuums have strong power suction and are long-lasting.
- Compared to other German vacuum cleaner brands, Sebo vacuum cleaners are comparatively expensive.
Also Read: Best Robot Vacuum
👉🏻 Siemens Vacuum Cleaner
Werner von Siemens and Johann Georg Halske established Siemens & Halske in 1847 and successfully built the first long-distance telegraph line in Europe.
Siemens offers an array of electric generators, medical equipment, water treatment plant filters, vacuum cleaners for all types of floors, and more.
- Siemens vacuum cleaners are energy efficient. They have EU energy labels on their vacuums, representing energy efficiency.
- The Auto Control feature in new vacuum cleaners automatically adjusts its settings for different surface types.
- Siemens G ALL PowerProtect model has dust bags that can filter out 99% of particulates.
- The popular Siemens vacuums have low reliability for large homes.
- Dyson claimed that Siemens vacuums do not meet the AAAA ratings for home use and draw up a lot of power.
Also Read: Best Garage Robot Vacuum
👉🏻 Bosch Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to German home applications, Bosch is a household name. Robert Bosch founded Bosch, a German multinational engineering and technology company, in a backyard in Stuttgart in 1886.
The company produces durable and technically advanced long-lasting cordless vacuums, automotive parts, home appliances, and security systems. In 2022, Bosch planned to invest over 3 billion euros in producing semiconductor chips.
- Bosch offers a 10-year vacuum motor warranty.
- Vacuums made by Bosch are less durable and long-lasting than Miele and Sebo vacuums.
- Bosch produces most vacuum cleaning products outside of Germany.
Also Read: Best Couch Vacuum
👉🏻 Vorwerk Vacuum Cleaner
In 1883, two brothers, Carl and Adolf Vorwerk, established the Barmer Teppichfabrik Vorwerk & Co. to produce carpets and upholstery fabric. The same year, both of them split, and Carl’s legacy carried the company forward.
Until 1930, Vorwerk gave live demonstrations of vacuums at customers’ homes to let them test the product before buying it. In 2017, the company acquired a robot vacuum cleaner producer, Neato Robotics.
- Vorwerk vacuums are durable, highly efficient, and easy to handle.
- New Vorwerk Kobold range models have an automatic floor detection feature.
- It is possible to mop and vacuum simultaneously with Kobold vacuums.
- The Vorwerk WR300 Robot vacuum has app integration and a smart navigation feature.
- The wide range of accessories available for Vorwerk vacuums is pricey
👉🏻 Thomas Vacuum Cleaner
The merger of Moe Light Inc. and the Electric Sprayit Company created Thomas Industries in 1953 by Lee B. Thomas Industries makes vacuum cleaners, OEMs, and liquid pumps for the industrial, medical, and environmental sectors.
It produces all the parts of vacuum cleaners in Germany. In 2020, Gardner Denver and Ingersoll Rand merged all the acquisitions of Thomas Industries under an umbrella name ‘Ingersoll Rand.’
- Dry cleaning Thomas vacuums are lightweight and have enhanced mobility.
- These vacuums operate on 300-330 watts of suction power.
- Thomas vacuum cleaners have 4 filtering systems – dust bag, cyclone, aqua-box, and pollutant separation into 3 sections.
- Washing of Thomas vacuum cleaners after every use is necessary.
- Wet-cleaning vacuum cleaner machines usually leave moisture on the surface.
👉🏻 Kärcher Vacuum Cleaner
Alfred Kärcher, an inventor, established the company in 1935 in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt to design salt smelters heated with immersion heaters. He then invented the ‘Kärcher Salt-Bath Furnace,’ a hardening furnace for alloys, which was sold 1200 times until 1945.
Kärcher, now a pioneer in high-pressure commercial cleaners, developed Europe’s first hot-water high-pressure cleaner in the 1950s. It specializes in the production of cleaning equipment and full cleaning systems.
- Kärcher vacuum cleaners have a foam filter and a strong shock absorption system.
- The steam cleaning feature of the vacuums suits people with allergies.
- It may be hard to find spare parts in the market.
👉🏻 AEG Vacuum Cleaner
In 1887, Emil Rathenau created AEG (Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft AG), a General electricity company in Berlin, and started its production with electrical equipment like light bulbs, motors, etc.
The company produced bagless, bagged, and cordless vacuums for domestic and industrial use. However, in 2005, Electrolux (a multinational home appliance Swedish manufacturer) acquired AEG.
- AEG Vacuums have a tested conventional design and lightweight body.
- AEG has an affordable range of German vacuum cleaners.
- Some of the AEG vacuum cleaners have small bin capacities.
🎯German Vacuum Cleaner Brands: FAQs
Are SEBO and Miele the same?
No, Sebo and Miele are two different German vacuum cleaner brands. While Miele produces only domestic vacuums, Sebo models are known for their upright commercial vacuums.
What is a high-end German vacuum cleaner brand?
Miele, popular for top-notch vacuum cleaners, is a high-end German vacuum cleaner brand that organizes intensive tests to produce durable vacuum cleaners.
Are Miele vacuums made in Germany or China?
Miele vacuums are made in Germany, but H1, C1, C2, and C3 Complete are made in Dongguan, China, and the Czech Republic.
Are Bosch vacuum cleaners made in Germany?
Bosch manufactures its vacuum models in different countries worldwide, and only some components of these vacuums, like HiSpin Motor, are made in Germany.
Are German vacuums better than the US?
German vacuum models undergo various tests to produce highly reliable, durable vacuum cleaners, which is hard to see in the US market.
Adarsh is a Health Science graduate with expertise in environmental health and wellness. He is a Neat Freak who constantly looks for ways to keep his surroundings clean. At Clean Homies, Adarsh is focused on researching and sharing information on how you can maintain hygiene at home for a happy life.