Yes, you can vacuum while pregnant, provided:
Continue reading for a detailed step-by-step guide to safely clean and vacuum your house while pregnant.
🤰 How To Vacuum Safely While Pregnant?
Research on mother-child pairs shows that a clean environment at home leads to intact infant development in the mother’s womb. So, vacuuming can be done while pregnant, provided you take efficient measures.
Usually, in the second trimester, moms face health issues such as acidity, spotting, cervix pain, and pain in the low placenta. So, it’s important to take rest and frequent breaks when vacuuming.
Nonetheless, it is better to avoid vacuuming if the mother-to-be is advised to take complete bed rest or suffers from any other complications.
Follow these safety tips for vacuuming while pregnant:
Also Read: Should You Vacuum Daily?
👉4 Household Chores To Avoid During Pregnancy
💢 Things to Keep in Mind
🤰 How To Safely Clean Your House While Pregnant?
Follow these best tips to clean your house safely while pregnant:
🧹Mopping and Vacuuming
🧼Cleaning Ceiling Fans and Hanging Window Curtains
💩Dirt and Litter Cleaning
Also Read: Where To Dump Mop Water
Can you clean with bleach when pregnant?
Bleach harms pregnant women, so we advise you to either limit its use or wear a mask and gloves. However, stay away from inhaling such toxic and harsh cleaning products.
Also Read: Can Cleaning Be Your Hobby?
👀 Can You Vacuum While Pregnant: FAQs
When to stop bending during pregnancy?
It’s safe to stop bending in your third trimester of pregnancy, as you will face difficulty and pain in your hips, legs, and back thanks to your increasing belly size exerting extra pressure on your lower body. So, asking for helping hands from Month 7 is always better.
Can I vacuum in early pregnancy?
Yes, you can vacuum in early pregnancy (first and second trimesters), provided:
1. You stay away from toxic house cleaning products.
2. You don’t clean cat litter boxes.
3. You don’t inhale aerosol sprays and fumes.
4. Don’t exhaust yourself with rigorous house cleaning and vacuuming.
Is hoovering while pregnant safe?
Yes, hoovering while pregnant is safe in early pregnancy, provided you are neither bending too much nor exhausting yourself. Do not stand for long hours when hoovering, as it may lead to sciatica. It is advised to avoid hoovering in the second and third trimesters.
Is it safe to clean the bathroom while pregnant?
No, it is unsafe to clean the bathroom while pregnant because bathroom cleaning supplies and solutions have harsh chemicals that may harm you and the developing baby.
To clean the bathroom while pregnant:
1. Ask for your partner’s or a cleaner’s help.
2. Make your natural cleaners using baking soda, lemon juice, and vinegar.
3. Use rubber gloves and a mask when cleaning the bathroom.
4. Stay away from aerosols.
5. Immediately consult a doctor if you suffer from any health issues.
Can you sweep and mop while pregnant?
Yes, you can sweep and mop during pregnancy with a few precautions:
1. Don’t stand or bend for too long to sweep and mop, as it may lead to back pain.
2. Don’t lift heavy items or shift furniture.
3. Take frequent breaks.
4. Avoid extreme mopping and sweeping, as it may lead to sciatica.
5. Stay away from toxic and harsh cleaning solutions.
6. If you experience any sort of pain, consult the doctor.
Adarsh is a Health Science graduate with expertise in environmental health and wellness. He is a Neat Freak who constantly looks for ways to keep his surroundings clean. At Clean Homies, Adarsh is focused on researching and sharing information on how you can maintain hygiene at home for a happy life.