Eight hours of everyday sleep is equal to almost one-third of your life. Would you want to spend that time on an unclean, dirty mattress with a foul odor?
You need to clean mattresses:
Here are some ways to clean mattresses without using a vacuum cleaner:
Below, you will find 19 tried and tested, detailed step-by-step solutions to clean mattresses without a vacuum cleaner.
- 🤯 How To Clean Mattress Without Vacuum?
- 🎯Tips to Remember While Cleaning a Mattress
- 💡How To Clean Mattress Without Vacuum: FAQs
🤯 How To Clean Mattress Without Vacuum?
|1. General cleaning||Diluted laundry detergent like Lysol |
Carpet shampooer or a carpet cleaner
Solution of vinegar and baking soda
|2. Bacterial disinfection||Spraying antibacterial Febreeze|
|3. Heavy sweat||Use zippered mattress bags |
Waterproof mattress pad
Percale cotton sheets
|4. Spot clean||Spraying warm water & then drying with a towel|
Hydrogen peroxide, dish detergent & baking soda solution
Baking soda & vinegar solution
Lemon juice with salt solution
|5. Smelly mattress||Essential oils & baking soda solution|
|6. Bed bugs||Steam cleaning & heat|
Also Read: 3 Best Vacuum For Couches
🧹 How Can I Deep Clean My Mattress at Home?
Keep your sleeping surroundings fresh and hygienic by routinely cleaning your mattress at home.
Solutions to clean the mattress at home:
Follow these steps to keep the mattress clean at home:
Also Read: Why My Bed Always Feels Sandy
🦠 How Can I Disinfect My Mattress for Bacteria?
The most practical way to disinfect the mattress for bacteria is to let it sit in sunlight for a few hours.
Alternatively, try any of the following DIY methods to disinfect your mattress from sweat stains and microscopic germs:
🧼 How Do You Get Yellow Sweat Stains Out of a Mattress?
If you love eating or drinking on the bed or don’t regularly wash linen, the mattress will likely get yellow sweat stains.
Remove the sweat stains using the following:
Follow these steps to get yellow stains out of a mattress:
🧽 How Do You Spot-Clean a Mattress?
Follow any of these techniques to spot-clean a mattress:
Also Read: How To Dry Wet Carpet
🛏️ How to Freshen a Mattress Naturally?
Ways to freshen a mattress naturally:
Here are the ways to freshen a mattress naturally:
🐞 How Do You Deep Clean a Mattress for Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are human blood-sucking apple-seed-like insects that live inside a mattress in groups.
Follow these steps to deep clean a mattress for bed bugs:
Also Read: Can You Vacuum Spiders?
🎯Tips to Remember While Cleaning a Mattress
💡How To Clean Mattress Without Vacuum: FAQs
How to clean a mattress with a vacuum?
Follow these steps to clean the mattress with a vacuum cleaner:
1. Take out the linen from your bed.
2. Get a bed and upholstery attachment of a vacuum cleaner.
3. Start vacuuming the mattress from the top.
4. Vacuum the seams and services thoroughly as the dust, dirt, lint, and dead skin accumulate.
How to clean pee out of a mattress without a vacuum?
Follow these steps to clean pee out of a mattress without a vacuum cleaner:
1. Soak the pee with a paper towel or napkin without rubbing it on the mattress.
2. Mix water and vinegar in equal amounts in a spray bottle
3. Spray the area where you need to clean the pee.
4. Absorb excess moisture with a towel.
5. Spread baking soda over the affected area.
6. Wait for about 8 hours and remove the excess baking soda.
7. Check for odor and stains.
Can I use carpet cleaner on a mattress?
Yes, you can use a carpet cleaner on a traditional spring mattress.
However, using it for a memory foam mattress is not advisable because of excess water. The brushes of carpet cleaners are rough and can tear and damage foam mattresses.
How long does it take for a mattress to dry after shampooing?
Usually, it takes 24 to 48 hours for a mattress to dry after shampooing. But you also need to consider your mattress’s material and the saturation amount.
How to clean a mattress with baking soda and vinegar?
Follow these steps to clean the mattress with baking soda and vinegar:
1. Remove linen from the bed.
2. Fill vinegar in a bottle and spray it all over the mattress
3. Let it stay for a few hours.
4. Then spread baking soda over the mattress using a sprinkler.
5. Again, let the baking soda sit for a few hours or a day.
6. Remove/Brush off the baking soda from the mattress.
Adarsh is a Health Science graduate with expertise in environmental health and wellness. He is a Neat Freak who constantly looks for ways to keep his surroundings clean. At Clean Homies, Adarsh is focused on researching and sharing information on how you can maintain hygiene at home for a happy life.